[closed] williams-01, What is a node in an RDF graph?

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:17:29 +0100
To: Stuart Williams <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

With reference to:

The RDFcore working group have considered your comment:

suggesting that "Nodes in an RDF are ... labelled with a URI Reference
...".   We recognize that the terminology used has been inconsistent, and
have resolved:

to revise the terminology consistently in a different way to that you
suggest, viz. that URI References *are* nodes in an RDF graph, in line with
the terminology articulated by Pat Hayes [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Feb/0152.html

(I also note that the description of abstract graph syntax in section 6 of
Concepts is
already consistent with this terminology.)

Can you please respond to <www-rdf-comments@w3.org> indicating whether this
response is satisfactory.  Thank you.

Graham Klyne