RE: [closed] williams-01, What is a node in an RDF graph?

Stuart,

At 11:53 06/05/2003 +0100, Williams, Stuart wrote:
>Graham,
>
>Apologies for the delay in responding...
>
>I have taken a look at the wording in [1] which appears to be the WGs
>resolution referenced from [2] (the full reference to [1] seems absent from
>[2]).

Er, yes... "msg 0199" was a shorthand reference to same.

>The proposal at [1] does address my comment.
>
>I do have a question about the second paragraph of section 3.1:
>
>  " A URI reference or literal used as a node identifies what that node
>    represents.  A URI reference used as a predicate identifies the
>    relationship between the nodes it connects.  A predicate URI reference
>may
>    also be a node in the graph."
>
>Given the first sentence, does a predicate identify a relationship between
>the connected graph nodes (which is what the 2nd sentence says), or between
>the things that the connected nodes represent?

Ouch!

(I assume you mean 2nd para, section 3.2 in the proposed wording?)

So I think that should be something like:
[[
A URI reference or literal used as a node identifies what that node
represents.  A URI reference used as a predicate identifies a
relationship between things represented by the nodes it connects.
]]

#g

>Thanks
>
>Stuart