Re: RDF in SVG [was Re: reminder: RDF Core specs in Last Call]

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:22:55 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, www-rdf-comments@w3.org, Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>

>>>Brian McBride said:
> Reading through this, the comment I see is a request that the syntax doc
> contain add a section 10 to discuss embedding RDF in SVG.  I note that SVG
> has created a very nice slot for inserting RDF (and any other) metadata
> into SVG :)  I also note an offer from Chris to help draft such a section.
>
> This looks to me as a nice to have, but not essential, and given the
> comment is very late, I don't think we have an obligation to accept it.
>
> However, if the syntax editor, (or possibly the primer editor) were
> willing, we might indicate to Chris that if he were to provide us with a
> draft, we would try to fit include it.  Another possible home would
> be the FAQ.
>
> I'm open to advice from our team contact or elsewhere, but I suggest:
>
>    o we don't accept this as a last call comment - too late and not substanti
    ve
>    o we invite Chris to prepare a draft on how to embed RDF in SVG
>    o the syntax editor or primer editor have discretion to use the material
>    o if it doesn't go in a rec track doc we'll put it in the FAQ, or
> possibly Chris could put it in the SVG FAQ and we could link to it - ah -
> google doesn't find a W3C FAQ for SVG
>
> Comments?

I'm happy to accept / co-write a *short* RDF in SVG section but it
would have to be soon.  I expect it would be mostly pointing to the
example in the SVG spec in
  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/metadata.html
and maybe giving a very similar example.  I can't think of other
gotchas.  Maybe discussing the use of rdf:about="" for describing the
embedded SVG document?

Dave