Re: nodeID

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:04:56 +0100
To: Roland Schwaenzl <roland@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>>>Roland Schwaenzl said:
> maybe i'm missing something: Is there mentioning  rdf:nodeID is not
> supposed to survive parsing at another place than in the syntax and
> model document?

I'm sorry, I can't understand what you are asking here.  rdf:nodeID
is an attribute used in the RDF/XML syntax, it doesn't appear in the
Semantics document or RDF model.

> Isn't it rdf:nodeID's provide a simple hack, which allows to (re)-serialize
> RDF  graphs as  rather flat verbose XML (with literal parsetype as
> exception)?

It isn't a hack, it allows you to give graph-local names so that you can
write down triples with blank nodes in RDF/XML - it would be the same
in any alternative serialization of such a graph.

> I would like to see cases -if there are- described in the primer, which
> require (!) the use of rdf:ID, rdf:resource and other syntax constructs -

Sorry again, I don't understand what you are asking about "requiring"
the use of "syntax constructs".

Dave