rdf:RDF and nested contexts

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:03:07 -0500
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
The proposal is to make a small change to the current RDF syntax and allow
an rdf:ID attribute on the rdf:RDF element.

Perhaps this might be acceptably in scope for the current RDF WG.

Nested contexts can be encoded:

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="...">
    <rdf:RDF rdf:ID="#nest">
    <rdf:Description rdf:about="#nest">

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="#jonb">
                    .... nested context

since it isn't entirely clear to me when RDF embedded within for example
XHTML is intended to be asserted the issue of when the contents of a nested
context (rdf:RDF element) are intended to be 'asserted' should be clarified.
(I am providing this request for clarification as 'wiggle room' in the hope
that it will bring the issue in-scope)