Re: RDF Issue: mime-types-for-rdf-docs

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Brian McBride wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I hope this has gone to the right email address.

Yes.  Thanks for the chance to comment.

The internet draft looks good to me.  One minor comment...

I presume that RDFS documents will also be assigned the
application/rdf+xml MIME type, i.e. there is no plan to also register
application/rdfs+xml?  This is fine, I just wondered if it should be made
explicit in the internet draft?

Andy.

> In
>
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2000AprJun/0047.html
>
> you raised an issue which was captured in
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#mime-types-for-rdf-docs
>
> as
>
> [[[
> be assigned to RDF Schema documents, or to RDF/XML files in general.
>
> ]]]
>
> As recorded in
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0056.html
>
> the RDFCore WG approved submission of an internet draft
>
>    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-00
>

> to begin the process of registering an RDF mime type.  The WG will maintain
> an action on its action list to ensure the process is completed and has
> decided to close this issue.
>
> Please could you respond to this message, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org
> indicating whether this is an acceptable resolution of this issue.
>
> Brian McBride
> RDFCore co-chair

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell       +44 1225 383933