W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-rdf-comments@w3.org > April to June 2001

Re: Sirpac Errors?

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:45:11 +0100
Message-ID: <3ADADB47.1ED91429@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
CC: puninj@cs.rpi.edu, www-rdf-comments@w3.org
Art and John,

I'm updating the RDF issues list and came across this discussion.

It seems to me that XML is quite clear that the default namespace does
not apply to attributes and there is no reason why RDF should be any
different.

In the example John quoted therefore, SiRPAC is doing the right thing.

This is something that does seem to cause some confusion though, so I'm
inclined to add it as an editorial issue, rather than as a specification
error.  Do you agree?

Brian


Art Barstow wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 10:18:42PM -0500, puninj@cs.rpi.edu wrote:
> > I think these are two errors that I found in Sirpac:
> >
> > The first example produces this triple:
> > (online:#genid5, http://www.foo.org/foo-ns#value, 6)
> >
> > The second example produces this triple:
> > (online:#genid5, value, 6)
> >
> > where the "value" property does not belong to
> > the namespace: http://www.foo.org/foo-ns#
> 
> John - it does seem like the value of these two properties
> should be the same.  However, which one is "correct" is
> not clear as the following thread indicates:
> 
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2001Mar/0207.html
> 
> I agree with Lee Jonas' sentiment in:
> 
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2001Mar/0246.html
> 
> that the M&S spec needs to address this issue.  The issue:
> 
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion
> 
> is related but does not explicitly cover this issue.
> 
> Anyhow, I added this as MAR-28-2001-1 to:
> 
>  http://www.w3.org/RDF/Implementations/SiRPAC/SiRPAC-defects.html
> 
> > 2) This example produces the following triples:
> >
> > I think the object of the triples should be:
> >
> > online:#n1 instead of online:##n1, and
> > online:#n2 instead of online:##n2
> 
> The servlet chooses to use "online:#" as the document's base
> [if Parse RDF is selected].  Perhaps it should not use
> anything or use "online:" but it is consistent.
> 
> Art
> ---
Received on Monday, 16 April 2001 07:44:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 21 September 2012 14:16:28 GMT