Re: Sirpac Errors?

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:45:11PM +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
> I'm updating the RDF issues list and came across this discussion.
>
> It seems to me that XML is quite clear that the default namespace does
> not apply to attributes and there is no reason why RDF should be any
> different.

If you mean Namespaces in XML, then I agree.

> In the example John quoted therefore, SiRPAC is doing the right thing.
>
> This is something that does seem to cause some confusion though, so I'm
> inclined to add it as an editorial issue, rather than as a specification
> error.  Do you agree?

I'm somewhat indifferent about your choices but the examples in

 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#ex-Sharing
 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#ex-NonBinary

use:

 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"

and seem to assume that the default namespace applies to the
RDF-specific attributes.

Art
---