Re: Sirpac Errors?

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:55:51 -0500
To: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>, <puninj@cs.rpi.edu>
CC: RDF Comments <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org> wrote:

>> I think the object of the triples should be:
>>
>> online:#n1 instead of online:##n1, and
>> online:#n2 instead of online:##n2
>
> The servlet chooses to use "online:#" as the document's base
> [if Parse RDF is selected].  Perhaps it should not use
> anything or use "online:" but it is consistent.

Well, the online: prefix isn't defined (which means it probably shouldn't be
used -- hint, hint) but it would seem likely that the # would be interpreted
as a fragment identifier, meaning that the correct URIs are as suggested
above. (see, since the base namespace has a default fragment, that is
removed and replaced with the new fragment).

So while it may be internally consistent, it is incompatible with current
URI usage.

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>| ...schoolyard subversion...
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |  because school harms kids