Re: Changes to iCalender ontology to make calendar files diffable

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:10:23 -0500
Cc: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>

Ooops.  Sorry, No, Graham, [1] should have been to  "Diff, patch,
update, sync"
[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Diff
which points to an actual program
[3] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/diff.py

The algorithm in diff.py is to find a mapping corresponding nodes in
the two graphs
because they have the same URI or literal value or they are connected
by an [inverse]
functional property to nodes which have already been mapped as
corresponding.

It isn't the pretty-printing-like algorithm which you use in [2].
It only works on a subset of graphs which have are well labelled, but
the resulting
diff file has useful property that you can apply it to anything without
fear of
generating falsehoods.

The update language looks like for example
[4] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/delta/t2/patch.n3

Tim