revised agenda - IRC RDF calendar meeting Wednesday March 12th 2003, 17:00 UTC

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:45:56 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

Thanks for your agenda addition Ryan.

The meeting is on March 12th 2003, 17:00 UTC for 90 minutes

on irc.freenode.net #rdfig

Revised Agenda

1.  is it OK to check GPL'd code in under
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ ?
Libby Miller

just to keep expectations modest... we can put
that on the agenda, but we can't really make decisions about it.
Dan Connolly,

This was postponed last time; we may have to postpone again.

18:37:06  <libby> G:POSTPONED
on the grounds that DanC isn't sure he can contribute to GPLed software,
and it would be good to have all the code under a single license. At the
moment, the java code is GPLed because it depends on Daniel Resare's
GPLed parser.

18:26:48  <libby> I gues I could alk daniel if he feels like releaseing
his code as non GPL, no idea if he would say yes

- daniel said no.

2. How will we know when we're done?
Libby Miller

Last week I asked Dan Connolly how long he thought this process (of
converting iCalendar to RDF) would take. He said he didn't know what the
criteria would be for finishing. I think this an interesting question
and I'd like to have a chat about it.

3. Test data - where's the best place to get it from?
Libby Miller

There is a great deal of iCalendar data out there, but most of it is
generated by apple's iCal program, which has some errors in the way it
exports to iCalendar.

http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg04657.html thread, and
(although apple say that they will fix this:

We also need complex and varied data to get good conversion tools.

4. Going from RDF to iCal.
Ryan Lee

Dan Connolly and/or I will be working on
which is cwm-based, or maybe an XSLT version.  Particularly looking at
timezone issues and generating a correct iCal file.