Re: RDF calendar dates, interpretation properties and datatypes

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 15:42, Libby Miller wrote:
> <Vevent>
>  <dtstart>
>   <DateTime>
>     <rdf:value
> rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime">2003-01-15T18:00:0
>0</rdf:value>
> <tzid>/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/London</tzid> </DateTime>
>  </dtstart>
> </Vevent>
This looks like the best option to me, prevents confusion and isn't that much
more verbose.

In RDF/XML it could even be abbreviated a bit, provided there's a range
definition for dtstart:

<Vevent>
  <dtstart rdf:parseType="Resource">
    <rdf:value
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime">2003-01-15T18:00:00</rdf:value>
    <tzid>/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/London</tzid>
  </dtstart>
</Vevent>

Another thought: I'm not sure this is "kosher" use of datatypes, but how
about using a timezone URI for the datatype:

<Vevent>
  <dtstart
rdf:datatype="http://tz.example.org/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/London"
>2003-01-15T18:00:00</dtstart>
</Vevent>

This of course leaves the XSD datetime datatype out in the cold, but perhaps
that could be fixed with some inheritance (somens:subDatatypeOf)?

BTW, what's with the different casing of parseType and datatype?

Regards,
Morten