W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-rdf-calendar@w3.org > April 2003

Re: agenda RDF calendar IRC meet 2003-04-23, 1600 UTC

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:49:05 +0100 (BST)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>, www-rdf-calendar <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0304231645100.19543-100000@mail.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>


that makes sense to me Dan; let's have

0. review old business

1. sources of data
http://esw.w3.org/topic/EventDiscovery

2. useful vocbularies for events

3. authoritativeness and completeness

4. round tripping tests

5. modelling timezones

We can move around the ordering if there's more interest in some topics
over others.

Libby

On 23 Apr 2003, Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 07:51, Libby Miller wrote:
> >
> > The next calendar meet is today, 2003-04-23, at 1600 UTC:
> > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=23&month=4&year=2003&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
> >
> > **note the time change from last time**
> >
> > We meet on IRC, irc.freenode.net #rdfig for 90 minutes.
> > More on IRC: http://esw.w3.org/topic/InternetRelayChat
> >
> > Agenda
>
> Let's please review old business first.
>
> I looked at the records of the last 3 or 4 meetings,
> and most of the actions are done. I'd like to talk
> about these, though; either to confirm that they're
> done or to talk about their status and what to do
> with them...
>
>
> * x-properties and namespaces
> http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/02/26/2003-02-26.html#1046279854.884486
>
> RESOLVED to institute an ical product registry ala
> 'http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/prod/' + firstFew(prodID) + hash(prodId)
> and to put RDF schemas there based on data we find from deployed
> products
>
> action libby: implement it, add/update some tests
>
> * cal/geo usecase 1: opening hours of a thing that has a place
> http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/04/09/2003-04-09.html#1049903200.904995
>
> ACTION libby write a converter from chefmoz opening housr format to rdf
> calendar format (or icalendar format maybe?)
>
> ACTION danbri_fr to have a draft of the 'concentric circles' within100m
> schema/vocab for next week
>
>
>
> Also, to the extent that we can align our agenda items with
> esw wiki topics, I think we'll win...
>
> > Finding RDF events
>
> aka http://esw.w3.org/topic/EventDiscovery ?
>
> ah... yes... I see below that you're ahead of me.
> Or great minds think alike, or something ;-)
>
> > 1. sources of data
> >
> > - harvesters and publish and subscribe techniques
> >
> > What harvesters are available? how can we access the data in them?
> >
> > Matt Biddulph has agreed to talk about his ideas on this front.
>
>
> > - icalendar and rss channels
> >
> > an example of putting RDFical in an RSS 1.0 channel:
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200211/swconferences/events1.html
> > http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xslt?xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200211/swconferences/home2rssical.xsl&xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200211/swconferences/events1.html
>
> Nifty, yes let's discuss that.
>
>
> > 2. useful vocbularies for events (e.g. location, topic...)
> >
> > How do we find the events of interest to us, for example, events on the
> > #rdfig channel; events about a certain topic, events close
> > geographically to us.
> >
> > 3. authoritativeness and completeness
> >
> > for example:
> >
> > how do we handle derived calendar formats when there are clashes? What's
> > the authoritative source of data?
> > how can we know we are not creating clashes in the use of a shared
> > resource?
> >
> > resources:
> >
> > http://esw.w3.org/topic/EventDiscovery and links
>
> > Let me know by email or at the start of the meeting if you have other
> > topics you would like to discuss.
>
> There has been some progress on toIcal.py, i.e. going back from
> RDF to ical. I'd kinda like to talk about round-tripping tests,
> but my ideas aren't very well prepared.
>
> Also, I think I'd like to talk about how we're modelling timezones,
> i.e. http://esw.w3.org/topic/InterpretationProperties
>
> > cheers
> >
> > Libby
> >
> --
> Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 23 April 2003 11:50:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:14:11 UTC