XML iCal draft changes

From: Greg FitzPatrick <greg@metamatrix.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:39:56 +0200
To: "Libby Miller" <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>, "Eric R. Plamondon" <ericp@steltor.com>
Cc: "ietf-calendar" <ietf-calendar@imc.org>, <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>

this DTD corrects the "desc" "description" inconsistancy - Libby, did you
include that in your version?

-  Somebody decided that description should be desc instead but forgot to
correct that in an entitiy declaration.

Hi Eric

We've been working on drafts of an RDF/XML calendar schema based on
iCalendar[1], [2]. It looks like we should liaise with you guys, since
our goals are similar, perhaps to produce a stylesheet which converts
between the two, for example.

Your message prompts me to ask a question: is there a model described
anywhere for the work in icalendar or in xcal? Michael Arick did a
brilliant job turning icalendar into UML[3], but I'd be interested to
supplement this with what the thoughts were of the icalendar group
_while_ the icalendar RFC was being created, if these are described
anywhere. It doesn't have to be UML, just a summary diagram or
description of the objects and properties.

all the best

Libby

[1] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/04/calendar/ (RDF calendar homepage)
[2] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-full/hybrid.rdf