Re: XML iCal draft changes

From: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:01:18 +0100 (BST)
To: "Eric R. Plamondon" <ericp@steltor.com>
cc: ietf-calendar <ietf-calendar@imc.org>, www-rdf-calendar@w3.org

Hi Eric

We've been working on drafts of an RDF/XML calendar schema based on
iCalendar[1], [2]. It looks like we should liaise with you guys, since
our goals are similar, perhaps to produce a stylesheet which converts
between the two, for example.

Your message prompts me to ask a question: is there a model described
anywhere for the work in icalendar or in xcal? Michael Arick did a
brilliant job turning icalendar into UML[3], but I'd be interested to
supplement this with what the thoughts were of the icalendar group
_while_ the icalendar RFC was being created, if these are described
anywhere. It doesn't have to be UML, just a summary diagram or
description of the objects and properties.

all the best

Libby

[1] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/04/calendar/ (RDF calendar homepage)
[2] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/schemas/ical-full/hybrid.rdf