RE: newbie

I guess you did not catch the sarcasm in the "ahem" or notice that Jim
works for Oracle.

The XQuery WG maintains a list of XQuery implementations at [1].  Jim is
suggesting you check out the Oracle implementation at [2].

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Query#products
[2] http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml/xmldb/htdocs/querying_xml.html