RE: Where does RDF fit in with XQuery?

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Jonathan Robie wrote:

> Also note that it is no harder to convert data into triples that do have a
> syntactic representation than it is to convert data into triples that do not.

How would you suggest we deal with "implied triples", such as those
related to datatypes. For example, there may be a vast number of triples
for relations such as 'before' and 'after' in applications such as
calendar / scheduling systems. Can we use XQuery-based tools to answer
this kind of question about RDF datasets?

(Not a criticism; genuine curiosity/ignorance!)

--danbri