Re: Answer to Paul Grosso about Classes of Products

Paul,

Le 05-05-18 à 11:57, Paul Grosso a écrit :
> Thank you for your response.  The XML Core WG has been evaluating
> the QA WG response for a couple weeks, and I know you have personally
> been cc-ed on some of the email, but as of this date, the XML Core WG
> still doesn't have an official WG response.
>
> At least some individual members are unable to accept your resolution,
> though at this time I cannot say if the XML Core WG will lodge an
> official WG objection, but I'm sending this email today to comply with
> your deadline to provide you with the status.

I have difficulty to answer. I am a bit confused because you disagree
with something you did with success.

  I will try to explain why. The issue if I remember well has been
raised specifically because we said at the start that you didn't
comply with one of the guidelines about Classes of Products for xml:id.
I have worked closely with Norman Walsh and the document which has
been finally produced by the WG is conformant for this guideline.

When we filled the ICS for xml:id
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/04/specgl-implementation-
report.html#xmlid_table

For the xml:id Version 1.0 Specification located at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/CR-xml-id-20050208/

The resulting ICS for class of Products is:

Requirement 03: Identify who or what will implement the specification.
Comment:  In the introduction explain that the xml:id
                      specification gives a uniform mechanism
                      for XML processors and XML document to
                      create identifiers for XML Schema and DTD.

The introduction of xml:id explained your class of products.
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/CR-xml-id-20050208/#intro

This was the excellent work of Norman Walsh. Kudos to him.

Maybe the XML Core WG has in memory a previous discussion when it had
difficulty to understand how to proceed, but Norman Walsh did it well.

Best

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***