Re: Answer to WAI CG on Address Accessibility in Requirements

Dear WAI WG,

This is the answer of the QA WG.

We had a teleconference[1] about your issue. We took into
considerations your rewriting and found that some of them was already
in the initial text, so we decided to rewrite our prose in accordance
to your comments.

[[[
This document is a guide for W3C specification editors and authors.
It provides guidelines for improving the conformance related
characteristics of specifications.  In that respect, this document
differs from other W3C process and publication related documents. It
addresses the most basic and critical topics with respect to
conformance, including how to convey what is required for an
implementation in order to conform and how to allow variation among
conforming implementations.

The term specification is used as defined in ISO Guide 2-4 [ISO-
GUIDE] as meaning a document that prescribes requirements to be
fulfilled by a product, process or service. Specifications can be
defined in one document or as a coherent set of several documents
(see Umbrella specifications in Variability in Specifications [VIS]
for more discussion), and can import requirements of other
specifications with normative references.

In addition to conformance, there are several other topics that
should be addressed when writing a specification, such as
accessibility, internationalization, security, and device
independence. These topics are not directly in the scope of this
document, but are evoked in section 3.3. Specification authors and
editors are encouraged to consider these topics and coordinate their
efforts in these areas with the relevant W3C Working Groups.
]]]

This following paragraph that you proposed will not be added because
not directly related to QA Specification Guidelines. The part
promoting DI, I18N, WAI has been added to invite people to think
about these notions which are another layer. We could think about
Security, Web Architecture, Usability and many others I suspect.
For WAI, I18N and WAI there are links to the respective Home Page of
each Domain/Activity.

Le 05-05-26 à 00:17, Al Gilman a écrit :
> To date the Consortium has produced several Recommendations dealing
> with Accessibility. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines [WCAG10]
> identifies requirements for information transiting the web. The User
> Agent Accessibility Guidelines [UAAG10] identifies requirements for
> software that users use to extract information from the Web. The
> Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines [ATAG10] identifies
> requirements for software that authors use to publish information to
> the web.

Best Regards.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2005May/0087

--