Re: QA Tips: Make readable URIs

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 18:49:58 +0200
To: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Cc: Victor Engmark <engmark@orakel.ntnu.no>, www-qa@w3.org
Le jeu 18/09/2003 ŗ 18:43, Alex Rousskov a ťcrit :
> I thought we were collecting tips for web masters/designers, not for
> web users. If you tell the designer "use opaque URIs", then it
> contradicts with what W3C is currently doing because W3C URIs are
> certainly not opaque (including the QA WG URL).

Err... I must really be explaining myself very badly. What I'm saying
is:
- we should not let webmasters and webdesigners think that URIs are not
opaque - this is an important piece of the architectural design of the
web and tips are a good way to publicize them
- we should let them know that they are the ones who decide what their
URI space will look like, and that choosing a readable URI space is a
good idea.

I *don't* propose to change the title nor the content of the tip to "Use
opaque URIs".

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org