(unknown charset) Re: QA Tips: Make readable URIs

From: (unknown charset) Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:56:42 -0600 (MDT)
To: (unknown charset) Dominique Haza√ęl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: (unknown charset) Victor Engmark <engmark@orakel.ntnu.no>, www-qa@w3.org

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Dominique [ISO-8859-1] HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:

> Now, that architectural fact doesn't mean that you should make your
> URIs as unreadable as possible; there are some usability pros to
> have readable URIs (as I tried to explain in my reply), but I think
> their scope has also some limits.

I did not discuss readability in my post, but your response makes it
clear that the tip would benefit from separating these four aspects,
at least:

	- ease of typing
	- ease of pronouncing (for those who cannot type)
	- ease of remembering
	- meaning (or lack of it)

The title of the tip would have to be adjusted as well, I guess.

I do not think we disagree on the first three aspects.

Alex.