Re: [qaframe-spec] What is an implementation?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:40:16 -0600 (MDT)
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> "Product" as defined and used in the document could probably do that.

Indeed.

> You'd need a term for the process where a product attempts to do or
> does what the specification requires (currently "implements")
> though.

or "based on"?

> I do not necessarily think of e.g. a HTTP request as a class of
> product but it is more a product than an implementation.

HTTP request is not a conformance subject :-). HTTP agent creating,
forwarding, or receiving an HTTP request is. In your terminology, that
HTTP agent would be a "product", which is fine with me.

Thanks,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite