Re: [qaframe-spec] What is an implementation?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 02:34:12 +0200
To: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org

* Alex Rousskov wrote:
>"Implementation" seems better (less restrictive) than "document", but
>if there is a single word that describes documents, software,
>specifications, etc. we should use that word. "Conformance subject" is
>accurate but too long and awkward, IMO.

"Product" as defined and used in the document could probably do that.
You'd need a term for the process where a product attempts to do or
does what the specification requires (currently "implements") though.
I do not necessarily think of e.g. a HTTP request as a class of product
but it is more a product than an implementation.