Re: QA Framework documents Available for Review

Lofton Henderson wrote:

> Ian,
>
> I'll reply separately about your most substantive issue -- the fate of
> Chapter 2 of "Framework: Introduction".  Otherwise, thanks for your
> comments, which I'll incorporate into the next draft.  A couple of comments
> inline...
>
> >4) I liked section 4.1.3: Who will find which documents important.
> >    The list is kind of long, and it may be interesting to have
> >    the mapping in the other direction: For a given chapter/document,
> >    who should read it.
>
> We have done a little bit of this in section 3.5, Roadmap.  But not down to
> the "chapter" level.  We'll take a look at it.
>
> You comment brings up a lurking problem that has been in the back of my
> mind (and I haven't yet put it into the Issues List) -- it is impossible to
> link now from Intro to the chapters in any parts other than Procs&Ops, as
> they don't exist.  So ... how do we progress this family?  Do these early
> parts progress to FPWD, or maybe even SPWD or TPWD, and then "wait" for the
> other parts (Spec Guidelines, Tech Guidelines, ..) to catch up?  So that
> they all "finish" (whatever that means!) at the same time?

I see no problem indicating that a chapter doesn't yet exist
and telling people where they should expect to find it (e.g.,
linked from the QA home page). You can always add the direct
link when you decide to republish the framework document.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447