RE: QA Framework documents Available for Review

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:06:29 -0500
To: "'Ian B. Jacobs'" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: <www-qa@w3.org>
Hi Ian

Thanks for the comments.

>The Introduction is very helpful, in particular
>chapter one. My primary comment is that I don't
>believe that chapter 2 belongs in the document
>but should be moved to the Web site. Chapter 2
>is about the QA Activity and that information
>should on http://www.w3.org/QA/ or nearby.

Totally agree with you.
I think this Intro document should be focused on an intro and roadmap to the
Framework family of documents.  It probably is necessary to have some info
about the QA Activity in the Intro, but only as a means to put things into
perspective or to get a point across or to add information, not to repeat
what is already in the Activity's charter and listed on the Web site.
Discussion of this will also be pursued on the WG list - an email was
recently sent regarding a discussion of Issue 22 - which asks about this
Introduction document and its scope.

regards
Lynne