Re: ISSUE 1148 - Text difficult to understand in the example

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:00:49 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le mercredi 20 avril 2005 ŗ 07:12 -0400, Karl Dubost a ťcrit :
> [[[
> This is also where things get even trickier than above. The definition
> clearly refers to URI References, so
>
>    <!DOCTYPE example PUBLIC "..." "http://www.example.org/#foo">
>    <example/>
>
> would be allowed as "http://www.example.org/#foo" is a legal URI
> Reference. But it is not, the specification points out,
>
> [...]
>    It is an error for a fragment identifier (beginning
>    with a # character) to be part of a system identifier.
> [...]
> ]]]

OK, I understand now the intent, but I think it's a too narrow and
complex to be addressed in SpecGL. (in BjŲrn's example, it may be as
well considered a bug in the XML spec as an ambiguity in the URI spec,
or a combination of both). so I reiterate my suggestion just to drop it.