Re: ISSUE 1148 - Text difficult to understand in the example

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:12:02 -0400
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
To: Dominique Hazal-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Le 20 avr. 2005,  05:08, Dominique Hazal-Massieux a crit :

> Le mardi 19 avril 2005  14:19 -0400, Karl Dubost a crit :
>> I need an answer on that to be able to draft an answer to the TAG. The
>> prose comes from the Bjrn Hrhmann's mail.
>> 	http://www.w3.org/mid/41aa64e7.1905102963@smtp.bjoern.hoehrmann.de
>
> I can't find the said prose in Bjrn's message...

[[[
This is also where things get even trickier than above. The definition
clearly refers to URI References, so

   <!DOCTYPE example PUBLIC "..." "http://www.example.org/#foo">
   <example/>

would be allowed as "http://www.example.org/#foo" is a legal URI
Reference. But it is not, the specification points out,

[...]
   It is an error for a fragment identifier (beginning
   with a # character) to be part of a system identifier.
[...]
]]]

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***