Re: TestGL draft

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:30:58 -0600
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

At 05:34 PM 6/7/2004 +0300, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:
>[...]
>added status to all principle issues in the end of the document
>(anticipating serious restrucuting since I propose that most principle be
>put in QAH, leaving test suite specific ones in TestGL.

This is contrary to what we agreed before [1], and I strongly oppose
it.  Before we decided:

1.) TestGL talks in a bit of detail about test-related process
principles/practices, in non-normative way in a section at the end of TestGL.

2.) lightweight reference to #1 from QAH.

That decision is implemented now in QAH, [2] and [3].  IMO, we MUST stop
fiddling with previous decisions unless there's a compelling reason to
revisit them, especially when they start impacting other parts of QAF (like
the published QAH).

For convenience, here is the relevant bit from [1]:

>3. Day-day operations
>LH: This is where most of the stuff goes.  The QAPD addressed most of the
>checkpoints in OpsGL.  We agreed that some of the test related checkpoints
>would migrate to TestLite. I preserved most of the checkpoints associated
>with QAPD. Some of them are purely operational, e.g., communications,
>contact; whereas some were about test development framework and
>maintenance.  Think it wouldn't be bad to mention and include here, but
>point to TestLite for details.
>PC: Reasonable, as long as we avoid duplication.
>[...]

Regards,
-Lofton.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Apr/0010.html