W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > October 2003

Final Minutes of 15-October-2003 Teleconference

From: Mark Skall <mark.skall@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:06:07 -0500
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20031027100141.0326c0d8@mailserver.nist.gov>
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

QA Working Group Teleconference
Wednesday, 15-October-2003
--
Scribe: Mark Skall

Attendees:

(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO - WG co-chair)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)
(dd) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon) P
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST - IG co-chair)
(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, WG co-chair)


Regrets:

(SM) Sandra Martinez (NIST)
(VV) Vanitha Venkatraman (Sun Microsystems)
(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun)



Absent:

(KG) Kirill Gavrylyuk (Microsoft)
(PF) Peter Fawcett (RealNetworks)
(AT) Andrew Thackrah (Open Group) P


Summary of New Action Items:

AI-20031015-1 LH will re-write resolution of LC-36 by Friday, 2003-10-17.
AI-20031015-2 KD will replace QA glossary definition with the one that 
evolved in SpecGL by Friday, 2003-10-17.
AI-20031015-3 DH will update disposition of comments by Friday, 2003-10-17.
AI-20021015-4 LH will make parallel changes in LC issues to reflect the 
updated disposition of comments by Friday, 2003-10-17.

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2003Oct/0020.html
Previous Telcon Minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2003Oct/0017.html

Minutes:

1.) roll call 11am EDT, membership

See above

2.) Any routine business

    - F2F logistics?

LR  We will have a telephone in the meeting room for next week’s meeting to 
teleconference.  Bring a photo id. NIST will ask for id and what meeting 
you’re attending.  Meeting is in building 1 and will start at 
8:30.  Olivier, Karl, Dom, Lofton, Patrick and Venitha will be staying at 
the Boulderado.  NIST contingent will stay at the Boulder Outlook.  We 
don’t know if Peter is coming.

LH  Is there action we need to take about the WWW conference panel in New 
York?

DH - Intent to submit has to be done by Nov. 1.  Proposal submission needs 
to be done by Nov. 14
LH will put the panel on the face-to-face agenda.

    - AI management switch

DH will manage the action items instead of Olivier

3.) SpecGL to CR


      - specGL topics [a]
      - specgl uptodate DoC [b]
      - specgl latest WD version [c]
      - closing remaining issues


We need to close 3 issues.

The first issue is LC-23.
DH - Ian Jacobs claiming checkpoint 1.4 is still too vague.  We didn’t 
implement the resolution that we are making a change.  We will look at the 
resolution and make change.

The second issue is LC-36.
LH  This has to do with normative content.  Ian says we avoid the question, 
but we intended to.
DH - We do not avoid the question.
LH  It’s irrelevant whether glossary is called normative or informative.
MS  Can we just call definition section of glossary normative?
DH, LH  Let’s just call definition section normative of glossary.  We will 
move QA glossary from informative references to normative references.
LH  Will re-write resolution of LC-36 by Friday.

The last issue is LC 73.9
LH  This is just a matter of an unfulfilled action item.  Our resolution 
was that we would change the QA glossary definition.
MS  Didn’t we decide to have terse definitions in Glossary and expand then 
for the guideline documents?
LH  Yes, but in this case, for the term “assertion”, we decided we would 
replace QA glossary definition with the one that evolved in SpecGL.

      - formal decision to go to CR
      - some logistics on the CR request?

We have 2 objections to our disposition of comments  Alex Rousskov and Jon 
Gunderson

DH  Any objection to go to CR?

No objection.

LH  Can we send request for CR before f-2-f next week?
LH  Can Karl send request on Friday before traveling?
KD  Yes.
LH - Karl will have a new WG version of document will send request to Director?
DH  We should ask for request on the version we have now.
LH  We should update disposition of comments.
LH  I need to make parallel changes in LC issues

4.) Adjourn

Adjourn at 1150.

****************************************************************
Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174
Email: skall@nist.gov
****************************************************************
Received on Monday, 27 October 2003 10:10:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Thursday, 9 June 2005 12:13:14 GMT