Re: LC-33 proposed text -

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 10:15:20 -0600
To: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

At 08:36 PM 6/7/2003 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:

>LC-33 related to deprecated features and stated that 'used' may not be a
>specific enough term
>
>Proposed to modify text from LC 40 resolution to avoid 'used' as follows:
>
>"Deprecated features should be avoided and may be removed in some future
>version, at which time the feature becomes obsolete. "
>
>Any comments?

Good ... it's moving in the right direction.  Note that that particular
occurrence of "used" (proposed new sentence in verbiage of GL7) is the one
that I commented on recently.  However, looking again at LC-33, it is
actually about "4. Definitions", where deprecated currently says:

"deprecated -- An existing feature that has become outdated by a newer
construct or is no longer viable. Deprecated features should not be used"

Suggestion.  To resolve LC-33, change "should not be used" to "should be
avoided" there in "4. Definitions" also.  (And look around through the
checkpoints of GL7 to see if there are any other vague occurrences of "used".)

-Lofton.