Re: New verbiage for CP 8.4 <- AI-2003-0122-2 (was: "Draft minutes" of January 22, 2003 Teleconference)

I think this is an improvement over the previous version.

I'm pondering David's comments, but in the meantime a purely editorial
comment...

At 05:25 PM 1/28/03 +0100, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
>Le jeu 23/01/2003 à 15:45, Sandra Martinez a écrit :
> > AI-2003-0122-2: Dominique to formulate text for issue AR-023 on CP 8.4.
> >
> > (DH): A policy statement should be added to the checkpoint, adding a
> > testable aspect in this draft.
> >
> > (DM): Would you provide the verbiage?
> >
> > (DH): I will try to come up with some verbiage to discuss offline via
> e-mail.
>Here is my proposed verbiage for checkpoint 8.4:
>"""
>Promote consistent handling of discretionary choices.
>
>Conformance Requirement: the specification MUST document the identified
>policies for handling discretionary items

"choices", not "items" ("d. items" come in three flavors, of which "d.
choices" is one -- we're talking about "d. choices" here).

>Rationale: this helps identifying where the specification could actually
>factorize these policies, so that implementations could handle
>consistently discretionary items

again, "choices".