Re: First draft HTML 4.01 Test Suite available

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:26:03 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org, www-html-testsuite@w3.org

I had a look at the test suite. I've got a few

- some test cases are just pointless - those of VAR,
CITE, KBD, ABBR, ACRONYM and other semantical tags are
shown in a rather pointless way, like
<VAR>This text is inside a VAR element</VAR> or
something similar.

- I've found some errors (?) or things I don't
understand :
 - page:
   error: <style> element inside <body> (loose dtd)
 - page:
   error: <object> uses attribute "classid" while
"data" should be used
 - page:
   problem: I don't understand the message "The
following object cannot be
   rendered because an invalid data attribute is
specified. If the word
   "PASS" appears below, then the test passes.
Otherwise, the test fails."
   (Mozilla doesn't show "PASS")

--- Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
> The first draft of a test suite for HTML 4.01 is now
> available at
>     http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/
> This release should not be considered complete.
> Feedback should be sent to
> www-html-testsuite@w3.org
> The HTML4 Test Suite is an effort of the World Wide
> Web Consortium based on
> a contribution from Microsoft on behalf of Microsoft
> Corporation, Openwave
> Systems Inc. and America Online Inc.
> Best wishes,
> Steven Pemberton