Re: Legal Issues (Was: QA Framework Last Call -- request for review)

At 02:38 PM 2/4/03 -0500, Joseph Reagle wrote:

>On Tuesday 04 February 2003 13:24, Lofton Henderson wrote:
> > The QAWG tried to find an
> > acceptable middle ground -- somewhere between elevating TM license to the
> > highly visible W3C level of Software License and Document License, on the
> > one hand, and saying nothing to the concerns of potential contributors
> > like MS, on the other.  It seems that we may have missed the mark.
>
>I don't think it's a matter of "visibility" or middle ground, once we have a
>robust understanding of the requirements a W3C Test License might be
>appropriate course of action.

Actually, it was my view that the "middle ground" was a stopgap -- and
thought to be uncontroversial -- for the Last Call publication, while we
continued to sort out the requirement for and advisability of a Test
Materials License.

> > Any case, it would be easier to finally sort out face-to-face, IMO.
>
>This sounds like a good idea, I have no other scheduled activity on the
>Thur/Fri of that plenary week. However, I hope we can continue the
>discussion prior to then.

Agreed.