Re: Legal Issues (Was: QA Framework Last Call -- request for review)

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:38:09 -0500
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org, ab@w3.org

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 13:24, Lofton Henderson wrote:
> The QAWG tried to find an
> acceptable middle ground -- somewhere between elevating TM license to the
> highly visible W3C level of Software License and Document License, on the
> one hand, and saying nothing to the concerns of potential contributors
> like MS, on the other.  It seems that we may have missed the mark.

I don't think it's a matter of "visibility" or middle ground, once we have a
robust understanding of the requirements a W3C Test License might be
appropriate course of action.

> Any case, it would be easier to finally sort out face-to-face, IMO.

This sounds like a good idea, I have no other scheduled activity on the
Thur/Fri of that plenary week. However, I hope we can continue the
discussion prior to then.