Re: Proposed text for Section 3.1

From: Patrick Curran <Patrick.Curran@sun.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:08:11 -0700
To: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
CC: www-qa-wg@w3.org

I'm still uncomfortable that we're trying to define what's normative by
identifying sections of the spec rather than by the language that we
actually use in the spec. I'd prefer a reference to the RFC 2119
terminology, as we had in an earlier draft. I don't have a problem with
defining sections as non-normative (informative), but I think that
unless we say this, all sections should be considered potentially
normative, with the actual determination being the language used.

Can someone explain to me why they think this approach won't work?

Thanks...