Re: Proposed text for Section 3.1

Patrick.

Thanks for commenting and helping to clarify this.

Can you propose specific text to include?
Do you mean, include the bullet item that is currently in the text: "all
the sentences using a capitalized keyword from RFC 2119"
Would this also mean that only sentences with RFC 2119 keywords are
normative, and not other things?

Typically, I've seen sections of text identified as Normative or
Non-normative, and not just the sentences containing RFC 2119
terminology.  LC-65 asked, "Is a sentence containing an RFC 2119 keyword a
unit of being normative, or do you mean that the paragraph containing such
a sentence is or can be the unit?.  So, if a Conformance Requirement
contains several sentences, but only one of those sentences have a MUST (or
whatever), then what about the rest of the sentences in the Conformance
Requirement?

In a side note, I'm also concerned about how we will resolve LC67, Susan
Lesch's caution about using RFC 219.  "Imperatives of the type defined in
RFC2119 nust be used with care and sparingly.  In particular, they MUST
only be used where it is actually required for interoperability or to limit
behavior which has potential for causing harm."
Do we believe that our requirements are necessary for interoperability?  I
guess we must.

regards
Lynne