issue #99

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:07:24 -0600
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

QAWG participants,

We designated issue #99 -- about definition of "test assertion" -- closed
with a resolution something like, "remove definition from SpecGL and point
to the one in the QA Glossary.

I am requesting that issue 99 be re-opened, for two reasons:

1.)  It should not be closed until we discuss issue #19 and consider the
request to reverse that issue's resolution.

2.) I *do not* want it removed or matched to the one in QA Glossary.  (Note
that it points to the one in the QA Glossary, and supplements or builds on
it -- or at least that was the intention, in line with the constraints in
the pre-Tokyo issue #19 disposition.)

This does not mean that there is no problem with the TA definition -- Alex
brought up a good point.  That problem could be fixed with changing the
initial words to something like, "a statement or collection of statements,
in a natural or formal language, ..."

Cheers,