Re: october f2f dates (was Re: Proposed 5/23 (Thurs) telcon agenda)

On Thu, May 23, 2002, Lofton Henderson wrote:
> At 12:05 AM 5/24/02 +0900, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> >[...] it should be fine whatever date we choose.
>
> Constraints?  From a WG timeline perspective, September actually looked
> better.  But I believe that you said "typhoon season".  When, effectively,
> has the risk dropped to a low enough level, in your view?  Are there any
> other constraints in Sept through early October?

Oh, that's another story altogether. The "any date is OK" was from a
logistic point of view. Typhoons *are* very likely to happen through the
whole month of september. (I remember, on sep 11th - hem - last year we
had a bad one, killed 5 people IIRC.)

The beginning of october is a lovely season in Japan, not yet the
beginning of the touristic season (fall foliage begins at the end of
october) but really nice. So, since the bad weather ends around the
first week of october, and that the touristic (and thus expensive)
season begins at the end of october, I definitely think it's better to
have the meeting around oct 7.

Better, but not mandatory.

Regards,
--