Re: ICS for Spec Guidelines

At 7:45 -0700 2002-12-04, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>At 08:51 AM 12/4/2002 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>
>>I also am a bit confused.  We agreed that the SpecGL should have an
>>ICS and I think that the Checklist with some additions could serve
>>that purpose.
>
>Actually, I thought it was a suitable ICS "as is" (although I might
>add an instruction that any "N/A" answer link to an explanatory
>comment, in a section after the table.)

Sorry about that.

>Since Karl is the 2nd person to assert that SpecGL does not have an
>ICS, it raises a question about the checkpoint (which I asked
>earlier):  in order to satisfy it, you MUST publish an ICS.  MUST it
>be labelled as an ICS?  Or SHOULD it be labelled as an ICS?  Or ...?
>I.e., SpecGL's ICS is labelled as a "Checklist".  Does SpecGL pass
>or fail?

So we should explain what's an ICS. I tried to find Implementation
Conformance Statement in the TR space and I didn't find it. Except if
it's absolutely necessary we can use another wording.
(It seems to be my QA-checklist.html in a sense)

>If the answer is "fail", then it would seem that an additional
>normative requirement needs to be added to the "to fulfill" section
>of the checkpoint.

Yes :)

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager