Re: ICS for Spec Guidelines

At 08:51 AM 12/4/2002 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:

>I also am a bit confused.  We agreed that the SpecGL should have an ICS
>and I think that the Checklist with some additions could serve that purpose.

Actually, I thought it was a suitable ICS "as is" (although I might add an
instruction that any "N/A" answer link to an explanatory comment, in a
section after the table.)

What sort of additions were you thinking of?

>However, I think Karl's wording may fit in nicely for how to specify
>claims to the SpecGL.

Yes, I thought that also.  It was the "no ICS" that I was questioning.

Since Karl is the 2nd person to assert that SpecGL does not have an ICS, it
raises a question about the checkpoint (which I asked earlier):  in order
to satisfy it, you MUST publish an ICS.  MUST it be labelled as an ICS?  Or
SHOULD it be labelled as an ICS?  Or ...?  I.e., SpecGL's ICS is labelled
as a "Checklist".  Does SpecGL pass or fail?

If the answer is "fail", then it would seem that an additional normative
requirement needs to be added to the "to fulfill" section of the checkpoint.

-Lofton.