My opinion counts...

From: Lincoln Bertram <Lincoln_Bertram@s5a.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:13:07 -0500
To: "'www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org'" <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

I hope my opinion is not ignore in this matter.

The preposition of proprietary code to the w3c for standard review, assume
the standard will be open for use by all.  Any restriction on the use of
standard implementation would imply proprietary to the authority who make
such imposition.  Since any such restriction would negate the purpose of
Open Standard it goes to reason that it should not be proposed by W3c.

Thanks,

Lincoln Bertram
Sr. Software Engineer
Saks Fifth Avenue