Please approve draft policy; disapprove of software patents.

From: James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:59:56 +0800
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Hello,

I request the W3C approves the draft policy on software patents that
protects the rights of Open Source and Free Software developers.

I do not support patents on software or algorithms, as this inhibits
development of the global community and causes a rift between those who
have a licence and those who do not. Hiding software behind lawyers
prevents the development of improved communications and puts charitable
developers at legal risk.

Regards,

  James Bromberger
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to
 Remainder moved to http://www.james.rcpt.to/james/sig.html

I am moving to London on January 27th, arriving London January 28th.