no loopholes!

From: Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:50:40 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Hi,

I don't have a lot of background on this issue, but if the post to
slashdot and the comments by the free software foundation are
accurate, you are including a clause which could potentially make the
GPL license incompatible with your own patent policy.  See:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/02/12/30/2147230.shtml?tid=95
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/w3c-patent.html

I strongly oppose such an inclusion to your Royalty-free patent
policy.  Please re-think it and consider extending the date for
last call for comments since it seems to be ending today.  A lot of
eyes have been opened on this final day and we all need time to
reflect on what is actually being proposed before including something
that could so fundamentally change the compatibility of w3c specs and
free/OS software.

Jake

--
Best regards,