Draft policy approval

From: Rikard Anglerud <anglerud@mail.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2002 14:32:03 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I was pleased to read that the W3C has reached a compromise whereby Open
Source and Free Software practitioners can continue to implement the
important W3C standards.
I believe that this compromise both lets the W3C continue to be a
unifying body in internet related tenchologies, and lets Open
Source/Free Software coders such as myself operate without a team of
lawyers.

I am howerver dismayed that the draft policy had not yet been approved,
and that the W3C seems to be dragging its feet on this imporant issue. I
hope that this draft gets approved withing the near future.

Finally, I'd like to note that I am opposed to software patents, and
hope that they will be eliminated via legislation.

Rikard

--
[Scientific study] is one of the very few things that lifts human life a
little above the level of farce, and gives it the grace of tragedy.