Royalty-Free Patent Policy

From: Francis Smit <francis@oztell.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:09:13 +1100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

It has come to my attention that your draft policy,
has a bug in it with regard to GPL'd software see,
 http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/w3c-patent.html
for details of this, I personally would find this
completely unacceptable.
Only a policy which is completely compatible with the GPL
(Gnu Public License), would be acceptable to me.
hence I ask that the requirement be changed, to the
requirement that the software be TOTALLY unencumbered, and be
free in any and every way.

--
Francis Smit <francis@oztell.com>