Please drop the "Field of Use" clause.

From: MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:35:21 -1100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I am writing in response to the last call draft of the W3C patent

I praise your work in developing what is nearly a "royalty-free"
patent policy, but ask you to take the last required step and not
allow the "field of use" restrictions.  As I am sure that you are
aware by now, this would obstruct a number of good uses of W3C
recommendations in free software.  Regardless of your views on free
software, support from this growing sector is important to adoption of
W3C recommendations.

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef@jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.