Please drop the "Field of Use" clause.

From: MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:35:21 -1100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I am writing in response to the last call draft of the W3C patent
policy.

I praise your work in developing what is nearly a "royalty-free"
patent policy, but ask you to take the last required step and not
allow the "field of use" restrictions.  As I am sure that you are
aware by now, this would obstruct a number of good uses of W3C
recommendations in free software.  Regardless of your views on free
software, support from this growing sector is important to adoption of
W3C recommendations.

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef@jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.