Approve of draft policy - disapprove of software patenting

From: <atmcneil@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 05:48:13 -0800
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

 I am an active memeber in the Open Source Software community and have been
informed about the patent policy W3C is considering. I request that W3C
approve the draft patent policy, because it's a compromise that protects the
right of Open Source / Free Software programmers to implement W3C standards.

I object to software patents, and support efforts to eliminate them at the
legislative level.

Sincerely,
Andrew McNeil
Williamsburg, Virginia