Standards shoud be royalty free!

From: Wilhelm Assarsson <wilhelm.assarsson@progenitor.nu>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 16:07:34 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Progenitor is an open source developing company that works with
implementing free software solutions for the school society. We are very
pleased to see the continuation of royalty-free standards, as such a
standard would greatly harden our work to bring affordable networking
solutions and software to those who need it! A standard should be open
and free, because that's what define what a standard is. If it's
non-free it cannot be implemented by everyone. Other free solutions will
be brought forward and that way ruining the entire concept of standards.
As some enlightened person expressed - "Standards are great - to bad
there are so many".

Keep up the good work!

Best reguards
Wilhelm Assarsson, Progenitor, Sweden