IP Policy comments from the DAISY Consortium

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:54:25 -0700
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Cc: "Judy Brewer" <jbrewer@w3.org>, "Daniel Weitzner" <djweitzner@w3.org>, "DAISY Board" <daisy-board@mail.daisy.org>, "DAISY Staff" <daisy-staff@mail.daisy.org>, "Mark Hakkinen" <hakkinen@dinf.ne.jp>

Dear W3C IP Policy WG,

Concerning the last call period, which closes December 31, 2002:

The DAISY Consortium agrees with the development of recommendations that
can be implemented on a royalty free basis. We appreciate the difficult
work this WG is doing in this area. This policy  is much needed in the
standards world. The DAISY Consortium will promote this policy in many
sectors and with other standards bodies with whom we work.

Best
George

George Kerscher, Senior Officer, Accessible Information
Recording For the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D)
http://www.rfbd.org
Project Manager to the DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Chair Open eBook Forum (OeBF)