Negative Comments

From: Chris Herron <cherron2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I want to voice my strong disagreement with the plans to consider specifications based on patents that require royalty payments.

I believe that when these financial interests are introduced, a whole new dimension is added.

I have no doubt that companies will market standards based on these patents only to later abuse those who adopt the standards. MP3 and GIF are perfect examples.

Do You Yahoo!?
Listen to your Yahoo! Mail messages from any phone with Yahoo! by Phone.