Negative Comments

From: Chris Herron <cherron2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I want to voice my strong disagreement with the plans to consider specifications based on patents that require royalty payments.

I believe that when these financial interests are introduced, a whole new dimension is added.

I have no doubt that companies will market standards based on these patents only to later abuse those who adopt the standards. MP3 and GIF are perfect examples.